Thursday, March 24, 2011

Truly missing in action

can it be true that i have ignored my new blog for a month already?! oh yes it's true! i do apologize for the lack of updates. house hunting is on in full swing in central california right now. that's right - i've decided to take the big plunge. well, sort of anyway. i will be keeping my job until thungs get settled here, and then i will start looking for a job. as a southern california native i find myself very resistant at the mere thought of leaving it's smoggy delights and mild winters, but as my momma put it best - it's good to spread your wings... and you can always come home! the best part of central cal?! the amount of freedom i have - not being surrounded by concrete jungle but instead the fruits of our labor and a vast sea of green earth. but the very best part?! an easy going man who takes me for exactly who i am, and the love we share and multipy on a daily basis... even as he snores loudly into my left ear, like now.

i do, however have some barkcloth curtains that need to be photographed and a midcentury modern antique roadshow extraviganza to share about!

happy trails to y'all for the time being!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, how can you leave Ventura? I only just *met* you online! I have been neglecting my blog posts too! You'd think with all this rain we have been getting, I'd be copped up inside and blogging up a storm. I guess the couch has a hold of me! I think I'm solar powered. One the sun shines, so do I! Keep on blogging! I'd love to see your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i REALLY love ventura, a lot. i am extremely sad to be moving but along with my life in ventura comes a super expensive apartment that has no laundry facility! here in central cal we are looking at a 3 bedroom house that is $250 a month less than what i pay for a one bedroom apartment! eek! AND the vintage finds are awesome. of course i still have all my family and friends down south so i'll be there often - and i'm keeping my job down there and will be commuting for the time being.

    ReplyDelete